Spotting Bathtub and Shower Damage After Winter
The winter is finally over, which means spring cleaning is upon us. While you’re giving your bathrooms a deep cleaning for spring, it’s a good idea to take a closer look at your bathtub and shower to spot any potential damage. In this article, we will provide tips and advice on how to spot bathtub and shower damage after winter, so you can make any necessary repairs or replacements before they turn into bigger problems.
What to Look Out For
From temperature fluctuations to year-round humidity, our climate can take a toll on your bathroom’s surfaces and fixtures. Here are some tips on how to spot bathtub and shower damage after winter.
- Check for cracks and chips: Years of use can lead to cracks and chips in your bathtub or shower. Inspect the surfaces for any visible signs of damage, such as cracks or chips in the tile, grout, or fiberglass. If you find any damage, it’s important to address it as soon as possible to prevent further deterioration.
- Look for mold and mildew: Our high-humidity climate can lead to mold and mildew growth in your bathroom. Check the corners and edges of your bathtub and shower for any signs of mold or mildew. Not only is it unsightly, but mold and mildew can spread and cause serious health problems in some people, so it’s important to address them promptly. Another tip is to keep your exhaust fan on whenever you take a bath or shower until the humidity clears up inside your bathroom.
- Check for water damage: Look for water stains on the ceiling or walls around your bathtub and shower. If you notice any discoloration or swelling, it’s a sign of water damage that needs to be addressed immediately.
- Check the caulking: Caulking around your bathtub and shower can deteriorate over time. Inspect the caulking for any cracks, gaps, or signs of wear and tear. If you notice any issues with the caulking, it’s important to have it replaced to prevent water from seeping through and causing damage.
- Test the drainage: Over time, debris can build up in your bathtub and shower drains, leading to slow drainage or even clogs. Test the drainage by running water for a few minutes and checking how quickly it drains. If you notice any issues such as slow drainage, it’s important to address them promptly to prevent further damage caused by stagnant water.
By following these tips, you can spot bathtub and shower damage and address any issues before they become more serious. Remember to perform regular maintenance and inspection of your bathroom plumbing fixtures to prevent damage and prolong their lifespan. Spring is a great time to inspect your bathroom as part of your spring-cleaning routine!
MaxHome Is Here to Help
If your bathtub or shower is damaged, MaxHome can provide you with expert replacement services. We offer a variety of bathtub and shower options that can be customized to fit your personal style and preferences.
One of the benefits of our bathtub and shower products is that they are low maintenance and easy to clean. The products we install are engineered with 100% nonporous acrylic material that is resistant to stains, mold, and mildew, making it a perfect choice for anyone looking for a hassle-free bathing experience. Additionally, this acrylic material is also infused with antimicrobial protection, ensuring that your bathtub or shower remains clean and hygienic for years to come.
The bathtub and shower replacement options we offer are also designed to be long-lasting and durable to withstand the wear and tear of daily use, making them a great investment for your home. Our bathtubs and showers are also backed by industry-leading warranties.
What’s more, MaxHome offers a variety of accessories for our bathtub and shower installations, including grab bars, seats, and shelving, that can enhance the safety and convenience of your bathing experience. We also offer low and no-threshold options, which make entering and exiting your bathtub or shower much easier and safer.
If you’re in need of a bathtub or shower replacement, contact us today to find out more about the custom-made tubs and showers we can install in your home.