How Do You Know When It’s Time to Replace Windows?
A common question asked of window experts is “How do you know when it’s time to replace windows?” While many homeowners recognize the importance of having properly-sealed, well-functioning windows, it can be difficult to know when it’s time to finally replace them. While there isn’t a one-size-fits-all answer to the question, there are some common warning signs that homeowners should think about.
What to Consider When You Think It’s Time to Replace Your Windows
Before undertaking the expensive and time-consuming task of replacing their windows, homeowners should ask themselves the following questions:
- Are your windows physically damaged? Broken or chipped glass can affect the integrity and energy efficiency of your windows.
- Are your windows drafty? If you can feel a draft coming through your windows, even when they’re closed and locked, it can be a sign that it’s time to replace them.
- Are your windows difficult to open, close, or lock? Difficulty operating a window can indicate damage to its seals and frame, thereby making it less energy efficient.
- Are your windows foggy or layered in condensation? Fogginess or condensation can indicate damage to a window’s seals and that the window’s thermal performance is compromised.
- Do you notice noise from outside the house? If you’ve noticed that your house isn’t as quiet as it used to be, often times damaged or old windows can be the cause.
- Are your windows simply unattractive? Let’s face it, you want your home to look good. If you simply can’t stand the way your windows look anymore, or you want to raise your home’s value and curb appeal, it might be time to replace your old windows.
Turn to Us for Your Replacement Windows
If you decide that you want to replace your windows, turn to the pros at MaxHome. All of our replacement windows are custom-made to your home’s exact dimensions, so they’re guaranteed to look fantastic and provide amazing thermal performance. Our expert installers will make sure that your replacement windows are installed perfectly and sealed tightly, providing years of great views for you and your family. Contact us to learn more about our replacement windows or to schedule a consultation today.